6.5 berger 156 grain EOL seating stem issue

How deep is the ring? I highly doubt it has any affect on the bullet unless it's really gouging it. I ignore them and have noticed no affects other than I can see it there.

One thing to note just as an observation since I just got my Redding Competition set in to use last week. The Redding Competition seater does a much better job of consistently seating bullets to the same base to ogive measurement. It's significantly better.

I think it's because you can but the die up to the shell holder and not have the die put a crimp on the case. With the Hornady seater you have to back the seater die off a little bit to not have it put a crimp on the case.

I know it's a lot more expensive but it was very noticeable how much better the Redding seater works.

How deep is the ring? I highly doubt it has any affect on the bullet unless it's really gouging it. I ignore them and have noticed no affects other than I can see it there.

One thing to note just as an observation since I just got my Redding Competition set in to use last week. The Redding Competition seater does a much better job of consistently seating bullets to the same base to ogive measurement. It's significantly better.

I think it's because you can but the die up to the shell holder and not have the die put a crimp on the case. With the Hornady seater you have to back the seater die off a little bit to not have it put a crimp on the case.

I know it's a lot more expensive but it was very noticeable how much better the Redding seater works.
I can feel the ring on the bullet. Its a factory hornady die and never had any issue with any other bullet but ive used the correct stem for the other bullets

Fair enough. I still doubt you will be able to notice a difference when shooting them. You may have to do as others mentioned and bed the stem to the bullet if you want to completely get rid of it. And lower neck tension.

Hornady sizing dies resize the neck way too much IMO. For hunting loads that you want to fit in any chamber they are fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.