6.5 Arch

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 6.5 Bandit, Jun 15, 2003.

1. 6.5 Bandit

6.5 Bandit Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experaince with this cartride?? I would be intrested in the good the bad and the ugly lol.. From what I understand it is a 6.5x55 imp with a 44 degree shoulder...

ps. Happy Father's Day to all that have kids [​IMG]

6.5 Bandit

2. DANTEC

DANTEC Well-Known Member

6.5 arch and 6 Arch are made on 6.5x55 case this cartridge is an improved "a la gibbs " with the shoulder moove to get a longer body and a shorter neck

this cartridge is near the max you can get as improved on 6.5x55

If you plan to go with Arch check chamber base diameter , usual 6.5x55 chamber are broad and not hold case base for hight pressure load .

performance will be close to the 6.5/284 but with available case in 6.5/284 you can escape to the pain of forming the Arch and ger ready 6.5/284 case , no custom set of dies ...

godd shooting

DAN TEC

3. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Going to go down a similar road. I have just bought a 6.5-08AI reamer from Midway. Will push the 260rem case pretty much to the max. Predicting that with a stiff load of slow powder, I should be able to get 140gr class bullets into the 2900fps+ range with a 26" barrel.

I am predicting that I should be able to use 46 to 50gr of slow powder in the 6.5-08AI case with long seated bullets. Going to explore the benefits of high load density.

If this works, will make a very affordable case to shoot. Good luck with your project.

Jerry