6.5 Arch

6.5 Bandit

Does anyone have any experaince with this cartride?? I would be intrested in the good the bad and the ugly lol.. From what I understand it is a 6.5x55 imp with a 44 degree shoulder...

ps. Happy Father's Day to all that have kids
smile.gif

6.5 Bandit

6.5 arch and 6 Arch are made on 6.5x55 case this cartridge is an improved "a la gibbs " with the shoulder moove to get a longer body and a shorter neck

this cartridge is near the max you can get as improved on 6.5x55

If you plan to go with Arch check chamber base diameter , usual 6.5x55 chamber are broad and not hold case base for hight pressure load .

performance will be close to the 6.5/284 but with available case in 6.5/284 you can escape to the pain of forming the Arch and ger ready 6.5/284 case , no custom set of dies ...

godd shooting

DAN TEC

Going to go down a similar road. I have just bought a 6.5-08AI reamer from Midway. Will push the 260rem case pretty much to the max. Predicting that with a stiff load of slow powder, I should be able to get 140gr class bullets into the 2900fps+ range with a 26" barrel.

I am predicting that I should be able to use 46 to 50gr of slow powder in the 6.5-08AI case with long seated bullets. Going to explore the benefits of high load density.

If this works, will make a very affordable case to shoot. Good luck with your project.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.