6.5-338

Here is an option I love mine I shoot Sierra 85gr HP out of it. LOL "I will go to my grave with the number of FPS they travel"
I also shoot the Sierra 107gr they are still on the light side and they have a half decent BC, and they seem to like to hover around 4500FPS.

Dean
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an option I love mine I shoot Sierra 85gr HP out of it. LOL "I will go to my grave with the number of FPS they travel"
I also shoot the Sierra 107gr they are still on the light side and they have a half decent BC, and they seem to like to hover around 4500FPS.

Dean
View attachment 236204View attachment 236205
Isn't that like the new 6.5 better creedmoore? Made by vortex guys

There's a guy at the Nosler reloading forums who has a 6.5/300 WinMag. You can go longer or shorter on the belted Magnum case with factory rounds like the 264WM or 6.5-300Wby. You can get RWS brass for any of these (7MM RM, 300WM, and 375 H&H,)

Dean

That is MOVIN'. Even with heavier bullets, you could call it a 6.5mm Mach 4.

Actualy there is a Wildcat called a 6mm MachIV I have a 10 and a 12 Twist barrel for the same gun, it is a 264 WinMag or a 257 Weatherby that is necked down to 6mm. I can shoot anything from 58gr Vmax's to 105gr Vmax's and everything inbetween from either barrel. The one that has the barrel mounted to it is in the back of the safe and would have to pull out 12 other guns to get to it so screw that.

Dean
IMG_0248.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.