6.5 300 weatherby

I think using the amp annealer helps keep consistent neck tension which I believe helps with the free bore. So if after the 3rd reload your accuracy starts to fall off it might be worth a try to send the brass off and have it annealed before you start tearing everything apart. Just something I noticed. Also, eldms need to stay below 3000 with the 8 twist from my experience unless you want to see what they do to a bowling pin when they come apart right before impact which is almost worth the primer

I really like the 6.5-300. Super easy to work up loads for in my experience.
I hope so. Mine is getting glass bedded in a Boyds laminated stock now. I couldn't get it to shoot worth a nickel with the factory 127 grain Barnes or the 130 grain Swift Factory loads, not to mention the price of those. When I get it back I'm going to try the 123 & 124 Hammers in it. It is a Vanguard. Good luck James.

That's not good. Hopefully the new stock and bedding fixes it. Mine was a vanguard as well. My brother has it now in Montana. It shot everything I tried extremely good with very little load work. Dont have to be near max loads to get good velocities. Think I was running the 156's about 3150 if i remember and was inside 3" at 500 meters. I really like the hammers but think the built in weatherby freebore kinda reduces the normal velocity gains. But I haven't tried them yet in the weatherby rifles so could be wrong. Got some 199's for a 30-378 itching to try

That's not good. Hopefully the new stock and bedding fixes it. Mine was a vanguard as well. My brother has it now in Montana. It shot everything I tried extremely good with very little load work. Dont have to be near max loads to get good velocities. Think I was running the 156's about 3150 if i remember and was inside 3" at 500 meters. I really like the hammers but think the built in weatherby freebore kinda reduces the normal velocity gains. But I haven't tried them yet in the weatherby rifles so could be wrong. Got some 199's for a 30-378 itching to try
Mine has a #2 contour, I might never get it to shoot. Mine does seem like a rarity rather than the norm with the Weatherby's, figures that I would get the only bad one ever built that won't shoot :rolleyes:, just my luck.

Howdy, deer and hogs. I have a 6.5-300 and I would not wear my barrel with anything over 140gr. I would recommend 127 TTSX, or 124 H.H. with H.1000 or 7828. With those combos, you will get 1200 to 1500 rounds and probably more before your barrel shows wear. With this combo you don't have to run them at MAX. Try it and you will like it. 👍😎
+1 here, I have one and will be picking up another. We have a yearly pig hunt in So Central TX and I take several rifles. majority of our shots are within 200 yds so extreme accuracy is not critical. don't discount the 125gr Nosler Partition either. I have mine currently loaded with a Berger 130GR Hunting VLD with Retumbo IIRC @ 3400+fps. Just picked up the factory Weatherby Berger 156 ammo. i'm a fan of the TTSX's and use them in my 6.5 Rem Mags. Anxious to load some Hammers next. Good Luck with the Swine! LOL

Mine has a #2 contour, I might never get it to shoot. Mine does seem like a rarity rather than the norm with the Weatherby's, figures that I would get the only bad one ever built that won't shoot :rolleyes:, just my luck.
I think mine was a #2 as well. Whatever the cheapest model is. I had a muzzle brake installed that helped a little bit although it shot pretty good without.