6.5/300 Weatherby

pickens72

well after about 700 rounds my 6.5/300 throat is wore .400 from where it started out new! Guess its time for a new barrel. Anyone else shoot this round?

I could sure help someone shoot this round ! I have a brand new one in the bag/box unfired . Weatherby mk v 6.5 x 300 ultra light with brake !
I picked it up on a impulse buy and just put it away . I use the Rum family for my hunting / shooting .

well after about 700 rounds my 6.5/300 throat is wore .400 from where it started out new! Guess its time for a new barrel. Anyone else shoot this round?
Realize that this was a very popular wildcat in the 60s. Most of the guys that had them, have been gone for awhile.
Most rebarreled in 7mm using the same case when the Hornady 162 gr showed up, and didn't lose any velocity.

Realize that this was a very popular wildcat in the 60s. Most of the guys that had them, have been gone for awhile.
Most rebarreled in 7mm using the same case when the Hornady 162 gr showed up, and didn't lose any velocity.
Im gona make it a 6.5 Dakota. My buddy built one. Runs 140 ab at over 3400 fps with less powder!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.