6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum

I purchased a Wby sub moa MK V in 6.5 300 when they first became available. No brass of loading components at that time. So I purchased 4 boxes of 130gr sirocco's, and 4 boxes of 140gr. A-Frames. Sighted the rifle in with the A-Frames and shot an Elk in 2016 which was a bang flop at 175 ish yards. I have carried this rifle several more years and killed a Mule Deer with it two years ago. I check and verify the zero each year and I don't shoot it between hunting seasons. I will when I run out of factory ammo. Rifle still has less than 40 rounds fired through it. Barrel life will be the same as the 26 Nosler as they are very close to each other in velocity. With Wby's long freebore it will probably last longer then the Nosler that has a shorter throat.

It will be interesting to see how it does with the 156 bergers. I've been able to find a really accurate load with everything so far. Didn't know the eldm's were coming apart till got out to 500 yards and started missing so put some paper up and it shotgunned. My brother was watching and said he could see it happen. We were shooting at a hanging bowling pin and timing must have been perfect as it blew it apart. Everything else was pretty much just shooting through it. Couldn't get it to happen again, not for lack of effort lol

I had one and hunted with it for a couple seasons. Shot a bull elk and a couple mule deer with it. Performance was great and my rifle was very accurate. Just dont shoot it too much , you will be rebarreling it every 600 rounds or so
You can't shoot more than two shots in warm weather without heating up the barrel and getting a flyer. I shot mine in the twenties Fahrenheit and didn't have a problem. I used a good stiff charge of Retumbo for best results. The barrel didn't seem to like the ultra slow burners. I attained one load in the low fives at 100 yards and was satisfied enough with that and not burning the barrel out.

I Love mine. Kicks pretty Hard and is very noisy but 93Grains of us869 behind a 127Barnes LRX makes it a very accurate Laser.

Just got the call from Bobby Hart, mine is ready to rock.... .vanguard accuguard printed, bedded, lapped, optic installed, floated, trigger worked, and brake install (so I can run my can also)
Breaking in w/140gr interlocks, then running out to 800 w/ 139 sirocco factory.

own two accumark first run some years ago bought a ULW when the lefty models came out sold the accumark. I have 400 rounds or so of ammo haven't shot more than 40 rounds or so between both guns. Both very accurate, very fun yes they are loud and do kick. It's a hunting rifle not a target rifle, life's short if you want a smoker get one! I hear barrel burners all the time i have german weatherby's still shoot MOA, weatherbys are known to be hot rods take care of them and don't tear them up. Cost of ammo will keep you from wearing it out to fast! LOL

Just got the call from Bobby Hart, mine is ready to rock.... .vanguard accuguard printed, bedded, lapped, optic installed, floated, trigger worked, and brake install (so I can run my can also)
Breaking in w/140gr interlocks, then running out to 800 w/ 139 sirocco factory.
Just for kicks.
When you pick up your gun, ask Bob if say 40 years ago you had walked into their shop and asked a guy named Wally to chamber that gun, would you have gotten it.
I can tell you what you would have gotten, and it wouldnt be a gun, at least not that one. lol

Recent Posts