6.5-300 WBY

No flies on the vanguard. I have a Vanguard S2 240 WBY that shoots .6" to .75" at 200 yards with my handloads 105g Hornady HPBT at 3250fps over RL26. I'm still debating, then I have to buy another scope, base, rings, dies, brass, bullets, etc...Gets spendy real quick. Wife will probably kill me haha.

Yes, Terribly addictive Hobby. I tell my wife that it is better than going out to Bars and chasing wild women but after 55 years, she just gives me that ( YA-Right) look.

What's the general thoughts here on the 6.5-300 WBY for a LR antelope/deer rifle? Contemplating a vanguard S2 to add to the collection. Bullet of choice would be the 140g+ ELDMs. Think it would go 1000 rounds if you didnt get it hot? I have a 240 WBY, 7/08, 280 Rem, and a 7-300 Win Mag already, so it's not like I need it, but I kinda like it.
My philosophy is....I like it I buy it! Probably a good reason as to why I have over 60 of them ( I gotta looses this philosophy....right after this week's gun show is over)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.