6.5-300 WBY 156 Berger

Really? I just worked up a load with this combo and 32.5 with a drop tube was pushing the bullets out. Was barely over 3k. You must have a big freebore.
Longer throat with boat tail at case shoulder, .010" to contacting the lands, ADG brass is a bit less volume than Hornady. 3300 to 3350 fps over a Magnetospeed depending on ammo temp.

Hello all. I currently use a 127 LRX for my 6.5- 300 Weatherby. I'm looking to slow down the bullet a little and perhaps save my barrel from further abuse. I'm thinking of try 156 Berger. I hear good things. anybody out there have any reloading information for that cartridge?
You wanna slow it down? Sell it and buy Remington. No kidding. It's like buying a Porsche and give it a shifty fuel to slow it down.

I've set mine back in the safe and walked away for a few months due to frustration several times while trying to get the 156 Berger to shoot. RL33, H1000, Retumbo, and US869 are the powders I've tried without the results I'd like to see. RL33 showed best accuracy but it was still not sub MOA. I've heard some have good results with RL50 so that will be my last attempt before giving up on that bullet. Custom build on Mark V with 26" Proof carbon barrel.
A moose or elk are huge animals. Are you planning g competing with the rifle on the local matches?

6.5-300 is about as overbore as it gets. Obviously by going up in weight for your bullet will slow it down but the difference in what it does to your bore in comparison to the 127 is negligible. You can play around with different loads and slow it down or you can switch calibers to say a 6.5prc or the 6.5rpm. Switching to another firearms manufacturer like mentioned won't slow you down, switch cartridges however will. Switching to another manufacturer but having the same cartridge is like putting a corvette motor in a mustang. Same power, different car!

Thought I would jump in for what its worth, I have been running 153.5 and 156 Berger's in my 31" Bartlien barrel suppressed 6.5 PRC in my Desert Tech SRS-A1, 64 / 63.8 grains of N570, Gunwerks ADG brass, getting 3310 - 3350 fps on my Magnetospeed.