6.5-284

Taos

Hi Folks,

I am real new to this board. Sounds like a lot of good info changes hands here, and this long range thing is just my idea of fun. I have noted that quite a few folks here are hunting in my little corner of Co. so when you are around Glenwood give a shout.

I am taking delivery of a 6.5-284 in the next week or so. I was wondering if anyone out there has anything good to say about it as a hunting rifle, or anything bad for that matter. Any suggestions as to loads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wich 6.5/284 ? norma CIP , Norma AMU , Shedanne , WIN with JGS drawing

witch barrel pich

witch barrel lenght

there are a lot variant of 6.5/284

good shooting

[ 12-18-2003: Message edited by: DANTEC ]

awesome performer as a hunting round.i took a nice 180 class muley with mine this year as well as a cow elk with the 142mk,leveled both animals.glenwood huh,as u can see i live in eagle,where do u shoot?,hell i might even know u-dave

Really Silt, I work in Glenwood. I used to shoot at the Basalt range alot. Rifle range is only a short drive I use it sometimes. Mostly I use my back pasture. i am really looking forward to playing with the new rifle.

Do you still shoot a 6 BR? That is an awesome round in a small package. Lance Weber from Basalt built me one in the mid 90's. What a shooter!!!

Lee
that gun has a 26" 1-8" twist barrel with a .296" chamber. factory win brass necked down works well. i have some loads i will email them to you was going to put them in the box but forgot. it should be there on the 23. ERIC
smile.gif

Thanks Eric,

I was going to get around to emailing you and asking. If I can get a scope on it and some loads worked up I will be going to Ca. the 1st of the year and may try it on a hog or 2.

i have a couple rifles in 6br.,i couldnt agree more -it is truly amazing,though it lacks the power for true lr. hunting,but for p-dogs and paper it would be hard find better-no recoil,extremely accurate,high bc bullets,easy to work up loads for,long barrel life etc........i like to call it "
the .308 of the 6mm realm"-dave

6br guy,

Send me an email if possible. I need to speak to you about your 6.5-284 and find out what smith you use in the area. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.