6.5-284 Norma feeding

Adam Moore

Just got back my 6.5-284 norma in a long action 700 BDL that was a 30-06. The rifle feeds just fine is the bullets are loaded in the middle of the magazine, but if they are pushed to the rear the seem to stay deep in the magazine and the bolt wont catch them to feed into the chamber.

Suggestions?

Just got back my 6.5-284 norma in a long action 700 BDL that was a 30-06. The rifle feeds just fine is the bullets are loaded in the middle of the magazine, but if they are pushed to the rear the seem to stay deep in the magazine and the bolt wont catch them to feed into the chamber.

Suggestions?
spread the feed lips a little. the '06 is about .030" less diameter

Suggestions?
.I had the same problem at first you must tune your magazine

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.