6.5/284 first rounds fired

W

*WyoWhisper*

Got my 6.5/284.... woo hoo...

anyone got some pet loads they wanna share??

CJ how's your load development coming???

I should get ot break her in this weekend I'll keep ya posted....
grin.gif

UPDATE:

Fired some break-inrounds today.. I am MORE then HAPPY!!!!

I got 3020 fps outta 50.5 grs of H4350 142 gr MSK's... NO pressure signs..!!! all I wanted was 3000 fps... I got my 800 yard + Deer and speed goat slayer!!!!
grin.gif

[ 09-01-2002: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Ric

Friend of mine just got his going, very nice system. We used the 142 Sierra MK and H4831 I believe. Very impressive cartridge at long range but dosen't seem to have the knock down on deer so far (I think he's doing something wrong, after all it's Groceryman).

I'm sure you'll love it, mine should be here next month, it's coming in from Tac-Ord with a PacNor barrel.

Ric I will bring mine along in Oct maybe we can get to shoot (no grocerys) over in Cody.Disregard that last email I sent you I got ahold of Than today. Thanks again.

Al
PS. 6.5 284 I LIKE IT
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I shot in WY last week and used AMAX 140g and SMK 142s with 51g H4831SC LAPUA brass for PDOGS you shuld back off some and work up like normal shot good in my gun. Dont use the Hornaday brass.

Crow Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.