6.5-284 case extracting problem.. HELP!

Murf45

I have a 6.5 284 w/ a rem 700 action. I've loaded lapua and norma brass for it. They both shoot well, but I have problems extracting the norma brass. The lapua extracts just fine but the norma doesn't pop out like it should. What is the problem and what should I do?

What is your load, bullet, powder and charge.

If it is a hot load Norma brass can be on the thick side and reach pressure quicker than Lapua. Do you see any signs of pressure.

no signs of pressure. the lapua was actually showing signs at the same load. Its just olding on to the rim and not letting it go. I'm just wondering if there's something I can do to the extractor so it can extract the shell the way it should.

I have the same problem with my 6mm-284 but my 6.5x284 no problem. I still haven't figured it out. mk

my brother was having problems with his 6mm284. try extracting a round and check were the brass is hiting the bolt and get your dremel tool and remove some of that til the round clear the bolt it worked for him.

no signs of pressure. the lapua was actually showing signs at the same load. Its just olding on to the rim and not letting it go. I'm just wondering if there's something I can do to the extractor so it can extract the shell the way it should.

Now I'm confused are you talking about extraction problems or ejection problems?

Is the round sticking in the chamber or is it not ejecting?

Hey, sorry i should have clarified that. I'm having problems ejecting the shells. The bolt pulls back fine but it doesn't release the norma cases. The lapua cases work fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.