6.5-284 Borden Alpine clone XP-100 works great on mule deer

Ernie

SPONSOR
Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for muley's on public land.
For this area, Tuesday was the last day.
Borden Alpine clone XP-100 action, chambered in 6.5-284 with the 140 grain Nosler AB at 588 yards. Bullet worked great. He was slightly quartering toward us.
Right after the shot he moved to the left about 30-40 yards, and looked like he was going down...doing the wobble/stumble thing.
Given the fact that it was close to the end of legal shooting, and with Dan's encouragement, I sent a 2nd one.
We discovered it wasn't needed upon quartering him (the drops were spot on), but we wanted to be sure.
He will be nice and tasty.
Thanks to Dan for helping me pack him out-Quartered him in the field. It was late thirty when I go home.
Michael DeLoach of Nine Run Gun built this Borden Alpine clone XP and it hammers! Brux barrel, Holland brake, Dell trigger, McMillan stock, Burris XTR-III 3.3-18x50 with the SCR MOA reticle. It shoots so good it is just wrong!
PoIdQIxl.jpg

Y9leGVul.jpg

Congratulations on the harvest. I know Jim personally. Shot bench rest with him. His shop is next to the farm we have our cabin at. Borden makes wonderful products. Just spoke to him last week while on vacation for PA archery season.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.