6.5/.264 suppressor

No need to cut the barrel down--- I'd buy a 30 cal suppressor so you can use it on 308 and under. I wouldn't waste a can on strictly 1 cal

Attachments

• he's right.jpg
    he's right.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 41
Running a tbac ultra 7 on my 20" 6.5. Perfect setup for small/medium game. For shooting off the bench id rather have 22-24" barrel. But it still does really well on a bench. My tbac has been worth its weight in gold. Poi change accuracy is top notch so is the company give ray or zak a call they will get your straightened out. New dominus is badass too

I'd like it to be a little shorter than 24 because I want a can and don't want it to be huge. Not a DMR but kinda. And I'm going to buy another other 30 cal can later on just not a priority yet
I run a Q Half Nelson on all my hunting rifles and a Sparrow on rimfires. I refuse to pay big brother $200 each for dedicated cans.

I am a suppresor newbe, so don't have comparative experience. We just got our SOT and brought in Gunwerks 6ix and 8ight. Running the 8ight on 22" 30-06 and 6ix on 6.5 Creed 20", 24" 6.5-284, and 22" 270 Sherman short. Recoil reduction is much better than I anticipated and sound is terrific. The 8ight is very good with both, just a bit bigger. Still feels very handy on the 22" barrel. I don't think I can go back to anything else not suppressed.

Soon I'll put the 8ight on my 30" barrel 30-338 lap imp and see how it handles the big gun.

Looking for suggestions on a suppressor. Never bought one and I want to put one on my new build. Also how far should I cut down the barrel since running suppressed?
We are shooting a Yankee Hill 30 cal on our 260s with a 26" barrel. Shoots 1 \8"
Our 6.5x284 is 30" and not threaded to shoot " F" Class, but when we cut a barrel for just shooting will still keep at least 26 +" for supressed.
Get a 30 cal so you can use up from a 6.5. For future builds

one thing I noticed over the years is everyone likes their can……

For you it'll be cost, weight, and a functionality decision. I have 2 cans and will get more at some point but I now I just move my cans from 1 rifle to another. I prefer the tbac ti cans because that is what I have. Most of my friends run omega's. They work too but they are super heavy in comparison and having a 1 lb plus can on the end of the barrel isn't my desire.

8C616299-9A2C-4600-9EE7-B805EA36FADF.jpeg

Last edited:
My decision on my can was weight, length and available. I went with dead air nomad ti and couldn't be happier.
Running on a 20" savage 10fp, also ordered a new barrel in 300wsm at 18" for short and light setup.

If you've never visited pewscience.com I would highly recommend it. I sorted by ear rating and only included supersonic bolt action suppressors. The quietest ones are generally large in diameter (think 1.75"+) and 8-9" long. The Anthem S is a new one from North Dakota and it's less than 7" long and is up there with the long cans.
Screenshot_20220813-192650.png

My name is David and I have a can problem…..
I have a 20" 7 saum that normally runs with a dead Air Nomad Ti. It is a sweet setup that is light and handles well. My 16" TOBR 308 runs a low blow back tranquillo. I have a 24" 6.5 saum that is honestly too long when I put the TBAC 30p1 on it or even the tbac ultra 7 still feels really long. When I shoot that barrel out it will prob get a 22" replacement. All that to say, I think a 20" barrel is the sweet spot with a 6-7" can. You won't be sad in that range. My 18" setups are nice too but that extra 50-100fps on the 20/22 makes me feel like I am not leaving too much on the table and is the best of both worlds. As for the make, I would get a TBAC ultra 7 gen2 or the dead air nomad Ti for a hunting rifle. They are both 7" or less and weigh about 10 ounces.

Depends on the build... my altralite Tikka 30-06 got mussel heavy with the Gemtec One on it but a buddies 300wm Sako does better with a Thunderbeast altra 9, extra weight and barrel lenth.
As far as cans get at least a 30cal so it can be moved around 223,6.5Grendel,300bo ect, the sound difference is very negligible.Still waiting for a Bannish30 to clear from last August. Just e filed a Bannish 46 to run on the 450 Bushmaster and 338Edge next year.
Forgot the can the last time I went doggin with the Grendel. Bad mistake! Had to put on my muffs and scared more dogs than i kilt.

We all have personal preferences and intended purposes. I opted to support my local economy and went with made-in-Montana products, Eliteiron Bravo SD .30 cal and Rex Silentium ultra 10 .338. The Eliteiron sits in my .30 LARA with 27", .300 WM and .300 WSM 24", .270 AI 30", 264 WM 26", 6.5 CM 22" and 257 WBY 22". The Rex Silentium is for my .338 NMI build in progress with 22" barrel. Like @Weaver93, I'd rather invest the $200 tax stamp for a dedicated can elsewhere and not go through the long wait and frustrations.