6.5 (.264) lapua naturalis and gmx 140 gr... hunting experience

DonBogaerts

As there is not that much info out there regarding these 2 mono's in a 6.5...... im looking for any feedback on how they are on game...? Meat damage? Expanding on game? Exit wound? Etc... photos would be even better 😎 i currently use the 120 gr gmx so i know this round well. However i really like the idea of the heavier mono's for driven wild boar.
So caliber specific performance but can be any 6.5 cartridge.

I have been considering trying them in my 6.5x55 but have not yet. If I draw another elk tag I will probably try them. That rifle has hated both the mono-copper bullets I have tried in it though so i am not expecting much. It shoots Berger's under MOA.

I have been considering trying them in my 6.5x55 but have not yet. If I draw another elk tag I will probably try them. That rifle has hated both the mono-copper bullets I have tried in it though so i am not expecting much. It shoots Berger's under MOA.
thats doesnt sound promising however the 6.5x55 should be quite good with big round nose type bullets... let me know how it goes 😎

I have used them in my 6.5x55 and now my 6.5 SAUM, definitely the best round for meat at closer ranges; great penetration, never had a bad expansion and the it retains it's weight. It would be my go to round except here in Australia they are over $1.25 per projectile !!!

I have used them in my 6.5x55 and now my 6.5 SAUM, definitely the best round for meat at closer ranges; great penetration, never had a bad expansion and the it retains it's weight. It would be my go to round except here in Australia they are over $1.25 per projectile !!!
well not bad to be honest we pay in europe between 3.25 and 4,50 australian dolllar.... 1.25 is what is cost me to reload it myself... thanks for the info...

The GMX 120gr and the Barnes 127gr LRX are the 2 I tried in my 6.5x55. The LRX wasn't horrible but 1.25-1.75" @ 100yrds was the best they would do depending on load.

The very first Berger 135gr Classic hunter group was .75"@100. The classic hunters in that rifle have been responsible for taking 2 mule deer and 2 cow elk now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.