6.5 / .264 142 gr Nosler LR Accubond

BrentM

I went ahead and ordered a couple of boxes of the highly advertised and unproven bullets. Ha ha. I always liked Noslers so I figured why not see how they do in the 6.5-284.

I did a search and didn't see much regarding experience with them. If I missed it, sorry. If any of you have a played with them and have some thoughts or suggestions let me know. Figured I would a ladder test and then seating test and see if they fly as well as all my other noslers.

Man if I could find some I would be trying them out as well. I can only find the 129 grain ABLR bullets in my local stores. But I'm going to keep looking.

I just ordered a couple hundred of the 142 LRABs to test in my .260 Rem. If I can find a good load I'll be using these for long range white tail at the family farm. I am pretty sure the BC will be a little lower than advertised since it is calculated. I'll get a for sure when my LabRadar finally comes in. If they work half as well as advertised they should be just fine.

I picked up 2 boxes to try in my 264 WM. Hoping these will work on whitetail and axis out a ways away!

If I could find some RL26 or 25 out here I'd probably use those. I saw some US869 in the shop today but have no idea of a starting and max load with that.

This is a bullet I have been wanting to try in my 6.5 Swede ! ! ! If they fly as good or better than my A-Max's I would surely convert over. . . but that 140 gr. A-Max is a awesome bullet for me so far. I just would like something I would feel a little more comfortable shooting at larger game than whitetails with and the Accubond seems to be the ticket. MidwayUSA you say has them?

Just placed an order for some. So how does the bullet compare in length, and ok my mind has went blank but it's the area on the bullet that comes into contact with the rifling. So how does this compare to the140 berger VLD's. Usually this will can give you a hint if they will run slower or faster due to the drag through the barrel. OOO bearing surface that word....:rolleyes: So how does the over all length of the bullet and bearing surface compare to a berger 140 VLD?

Just placed an order for some. So how does the bullet compare in length, and ok my mind has went blank but it's the area on the bullet that comes into contact with the rifling. So how does this compare to the140 berger VLD's. Usually this will can give you a hint if they will run slower or faster due to the drag through the barrel. OOO bearing surface that word....:rolleyes: So how does the over all length of the bullet and bearing surface compare to a berger 140 VLD?

You would be referring to the . . ."OGIVE". :D

OK, I have to laugh a little here. None of the people who have responded have the bullets in hand yet so we really don't have any info such as bearing surface etc to make any comparisons. I am the same way, impatient, so it is not a dig just funny that we get so wound up over new stuff.

I agree about the speed issue vs bearing surface but is generally not much of difference. Not as much of difference as actual weight increases to speed reduction. The Amax has a much larger bearing surface and people seem to report normal velocities. I personally have not shot the Amax in the 6.5. I have been happy with the .2-.5 MOA accuracy and velocity of the berger so I didn't feel the need to change. However, Nosler has always been my go to hunting bullet of choice. The accubonds seemed to perform on all the game and claim to have a lower velocity for expansion. That is one of my main attractions for wolf and yotes at LR.

My order is in town on UPS but I suspect it will be Monday before I get them. Either way, I will have some data soon.

I picked my order up yesterday. Here's a couple of pics. Still need to pick up my little comparator tool for 264 diameter.

Attachments

• 264-1.jpg
    264-1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 264-2.jpg
    264-2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
With the tip that may require deeper seating depths for those wanting to load in a mag. 1.410 is typical of a Berger 140 for example. It will really depend on where the ogive begins from the tip I think.

Bearing surface on nosler is identical to Amax but the nosler is longer. Amax is same length as vld.
Ablr vs vld
.630 vs .540 bearing surface.
1.44 vs 1.38 length.
.830 vs .730 tip to ogive

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.