6.5/250?

Sargesniper

Would this be a feasible build? I was wondering about this as I have pondered the thought of a Grendel. How would they compare? Anybody tried it? Just wondering as to whether it will work.
Any thoughts on this?

6.5 creedmoor

Yes, I can see they are close in design. the Creed seems to have less body taper. I would think the 250 case would feed slightly better with more taper. Just me though. Neck length is longer on the Creed and more length on the case. Not much difference to start re-inventing the wheel I guess. Thanks for the reply.

250 Savage case may have too much taper for an AR Mag, like the 7.62x39. I have no direct experience, but heard of the same problems with 22-250 and the10 shot AV bolt mags.

250 Savage case may have too much taper for an AR Mag, like the 7.62x39. I have no direct experience, but heard of the same problems with 22-250 and the10 shot AV bolt mags.

You may be right, I don't know. I was thinking that the given accuracy in a bolt rifle would transcend to the AR platform. Maybe the AI version would be a better choice but would be close to the already proven Creed cartridge. It is just an idea I was toying with. I doubt anyone will ever share the same though. Still it is a curios thought to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.