6.5 140gr. Berger Hybrid for Deer?

BigBboy25

Has anyone used this on game? If so, how did it perform. I just got my 6.5x47 Lapua and developed a load using this bullet and would like to use it for an upcoming trophy MDeer hunt in CO. I'm just curious how it performs on game. If I lack confidence in the 140gr, I'll bring out the .300 winny and 215 Hybrids.

Thanks!

Used it on a large body muley this last year at 120 yards, serious internal carnage and no exit hole.

Berger used to say their hunting round which was the target was no good for hunting until told by many they were good and tested themselves. Cant remember where I read that I have the Berger reloading manual beside me. And I think that since they say the bullet is identical other than jacket thickness @ .0005" (half thou) thicker I would say its just a slightly tougher version of the hunting bullet. May suit bigger animals better and perhaps not so good on softer animals. I wonder if they will one day make a 140gr hybrid hunting? It would be the only bullet I would buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts