6.5 123-gr. A-Max BC?

Hornady tells me that they won't be out for another month or so.

Can't wait to try them in my 6.5x47 Lapua!

-X3M

You're celebrating BC of .510?
Have you considered the good old 123Lapua Scenar at .548?
Been around quite while..

I'm celebrating .51 BC with a polymer tip in a bullet that MAY increase terminal performance on varmint-sized critters at longer ranges.

hoping this will fit the magazine and throat in my 6.5 Grendel (JP Enterprises). it would be the go to bullet for prairie dogs.

I picked up a bunch from Graf's a few weeks ago. Tried them out in my 6.5Lapua and averaged .395 at 100yds , 4-5 shot groups. At 465yds noticed a hair more drop than my 123 Lapuas. Rifle is a Barlein barreled Stiller action in a Manners stock.

This may be a very nice all around bullet for smaller 6.5 rounds. People need to keep in mind, the 123 Lapua does NOT have a .55 average G1 BC. In fact, when launched from Grendel velocities it averages below .5 from the muzzle to subsonic (this can be seen from Lapua's own CD data).

I expect the A-Max's actual BC will be very close, if not better than the Scenar and offer reliable expansion at long range. I've had good luck with the 140 so far, a good 123 will be a nice addition to the line.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.