5th Annual Bunny Bustin’ Outing

Lovellr653

My buddy's neighbor owns a bunch of overgrown farm land and once a year let's us rabbit hunt it. Well this is the 5th year in a row we went out and kicked brush, got tore up from briars and had a blast bustin some bunnies. We were 3 short of a two man limit this year but still plenty for a couple good meals. We are both shooting 20ga, though I think a little .410 may be a lot of fun for next year.
6DD13850-FDB4-4092-9139-E4A6E3CD6573.jpeg

The last rabbits I shot was in the 80s I used my 54 caliber muzzle loader using round balls can't remember the charge of powder I used so it didn't tear them up now but it put a nice round hole through their head and didn't hurt the meat I do remember I had more fun that day rabbit hunting than I ever did using a 22. David

I have a 10" 410/45LC barrel for my TC encore. Great fun on bunnies. Same chambering in the contender is a favorite among the serious rabbit hunters I know. Numbers seem way down here as well. I hunted a lot of pheasant this fall and saw 2 or 3.

Same here. I'd love to hunt them but clean farming and heavy predation means very few rabbits. They were everywhere when I was a kid. Didn't see a coyote before I turned 40, though. Now they're everywhere, and raptors on every power line.

We used to go out hunting rabbits in alfalfa fields at night in the 90's, You would be surprised how well a long barreled .410 does, I think they hold a tighter pattern because it starts out smaller. That was my choice and usually got more than the guy's using 12's.