5K to spend, best place to go on a guided hunt?

Have you used him? Bear hunt looks reasonably priced
Yes I have hunted with him numerous times. Proud to say we have become close friends over the years now. His bear camp is in the selway. You will fly into it. You can stand hunt or go with his dogs.

What exactly is an "auction hunt?" Is that just outfitters listing hunts like on e-bay prior to the season??? Just curious
Right now there are auction hunts coming up for SCI, SCI chapters, DSC and other hunt organizations. You can google it to find some. I have bought several african auction hunts and had a great time.
Here is a great hunt that you could determine the animals you want to hunt. The outfitter has great ratings:
Heres one for less than $3K in Africa:
Look at the deals and offers over on Africa hunting.com and accurate reloading forums. Lots to look at and choose from.
Bruce

A friend of mine up here in Northern Michigan has a high fence property with giant whitetail bucks. $5-6k will get you a 180 B&C class buck. Bucks still have their antlers on now.

Don't do it, youmpay twice and get half with an auction hunt
I will disagree with you on that. I bought 2 auction hunts at SCI. Both went well. Very well. If you want details I'll post links to the hunt reports. My disclaimer!! You need to check out the outfitter. Some have less than desirable outcomes because either they fail to research the outfitter or have unrealistic expectations. If you know what you want then an auction hunt can save a substantial amount. For instance in Sept 2019 I hunted for a week in Zambia with an auction hunt. I paid about 60% of regular retail and I took the biggest Eland that the company got that year. Like any paid hunt DO YOUR RESEARCH. Ask for references and then call them. Ask lots of questions.
I was checking flights to africa recently and found airfare was perhaps 25% less than what I paid a couple of years ago. Good time to go.
Bruce

I have used this booking agent in the past. There are outfitters and hunts that the agent has personally used and recommends. This recommendation is not a substitute for doing your due diligence by contacting past customers. It does give you different hunt options, locations, animals and prices, that you may not have found by word of mouth. Pricing is usually dictated by the accommodations and quality of animals. You can see the hunts available here: https://worldwidetrophyadventures.com/ If you can go on rather short notice the 'specials' page is good to watch for cancellations. LVHunter

If you are just looking for an out of state hunt for 2021, Look only at hunts in the USA. There is no guarantee we will be able to travel to Canada because of the Covid 19 virus or any across ocean travel. Last summer 2 Cousins, My Brother and I wanted to go to Canada on a Walleye/Pike/Lake Trout fishing trip. Could lock no one down to guarntee, That we could get into Canada when we reached the border, Or get back into the USA after the trip.