593 yard Whitetail

Ark. Trapper

I got my second long range kill yesterday. This one was 2 yards closer than the first one but he's a lot better buck. One 105gr AMAX outta the 243 did the job at 593 yards. Its the same rifle that I used on the buck in my other thread. I recovered the bullet just under the hide on the off side after a trip thru the near shoulder and the lungs. Recovered weight is 53.6 grains. I wouldn't want to push the 243 much beyond 600 yards on deer as its starting to run outta steam on out there.

Attachments

• ebcb8b5a.jpg
    ebcb8b5a.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 2a81b73b.jpg
    2a81b73b.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 106
Thanks guys! I'd shoot deer all day long at 600 and under with the 243 and know I could kill every one but 600 is my limit I believe. I'm not saying you can't kill one past 600 because I know it will do it but the shot would need to be perfect. Coyotes and anything smaller would still be in trouble a lot farther out tho.

Nice deer! I love finding them bullets after impact!!
I'm thinking one of my next rifles will be in .243. It's not for me its for my six year old daughter for when she starts hunting. Think I can pull it off?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.