56 and counting

G

So far this season my hunting buddy (Dave7mm) and myself have managed to send 56 woodchucks to see their maker
smile.gif

Although none of the kills this season have been real long shots it is still fun and good practice. My best kill this season is a mere 560 yards.

We had a real funny one a few days ago. This little and I do mean little "chuck" stuck his head (only) out of his hole. By the time I got on him, down he went. He was real close, only about 175 yards. Sometime later he stuck his head out again and stood their motionless. This time I had enough time to get on him. I placed the dot in his left ear and squeezed the trigger. He disappeared imediately. After killing several others that evening we walked the bean feild to check out the kills. When we walked up to this hole he was laying down in his hole. The 52gr berger bullet went right in his left ear. About 75% of his right side of his head was gone. The funny part was that his 2 top teeth were laying on the ground about a foot from the rest of him.
smile.gif

It wasn't a long shot for sure but it was fun.

Have a good one all,

Don
smile.gif

The title of your post caught my eye. I thought, "Oh there's another guy who turned 50 this year". But no, just an interesting story about hunting!

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Len,

I recently had another birthday but is wasn't 56,,,,thank gawd, lol.

It is getting closer everyday though
frown.gif

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Boyd,

Happy to see your busy,,,,so many people aren't.

The bean plants are up about 4" now. I figure another week, maybe 2 and they will be to high to see anymore chucks. Then we have to resort back to cut hay fields.

The count is now 58.

As far as killing them all,,, I doubt thats possible, but it IS fun trying.

Let me know what days/times your available. We look forward to hunting with you.

Don
smile.gif

Boyd,

The latest count (as of last Saturday) stands at 71 dead chucks
smile.gif

By the end of this week hunting in local bean fields will be next to impossible since by then the bean plants will be to high to see the little runts, lol.

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Varmint Hunter,

Good going
smile.gif

As of last Sat Dave and myself have managed to send 93 "chucks" to see their maker.

Last Thursday was one of those rare days. I went out around 7pm with my wife. She spotted for me. In the first five minutes, after setting up, I had 4 chucks, dead. By 9pm I had 9 dead chucks in a 15 acre field. It was a great nice for sure. None of the kills were that far away, 420 yards being the furthest, but it sure was fun.

OK Boyd, get over here, quick
smile.gif

Don
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.