55gr Berger’s in 20 cal

cveasternmt

Hey guys, first time posting here. I picked up some 20 cal 55gr Berger's for a build that I have planned. Does anybody have experience with a 20 xc or a 20x47 lapua? I have talked to a lot of people and yes I understand that barrel life will not be great. I would prefer to go the xc route because I already shoot 6xc and have ample brass. My thought was a 9tw. On another forum people said I should be worrying about blowing the bullet up etc... any thought or comments would be much appreciated.

Go a 9 twist you will be fine, I shot the 55's at 3750fps in a 9 and they shoot great.
I know a couple BR guys who have tested a 8.5 and 9 at 1000 and they say the 9 is better for accuracy.

Thanks for the reply. I had a few people tell me that 20br would be the way to go rather than a 20 xc or 20x47. Do you have any reason to believe that? Thanks.

All I can tell you is my 20BRAI is the most accurate rifle I've ever shot, its nothing special. The best group I've shot in my life was a .078 with it. So its capable when I do my part.

Correct, they did a run and I bought 1200. Just to get them in hand and now I am to the deciding what cal to build. How fast was your 20 brai pushing the 55s?

3750 no pressure, but there's a node there. I know quite a few guys run around there.
I've ran some custom 48 gr bullets at 4050 in my 9, shot so we'll there I just stopped

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.