550 Yard Javelina Kill

7mmRemMag

I shot this Javelina yesterday morning @ 550 yards with my 270wsm. I shot him with 140 gr nosler accubond. Here's a video for yall to enjoy....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrnXeXoPv2s]550 Yard Javelina .mov - YouTube[/ame]

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

Thanks. Yeah he was one of the biggest I've ever seen. The biggest I've ever killed for sure. I don't have a scale so I didnt get to weigh him.

I've seen a hell of a lot of Javelina, and that's certainly one of the three largest. Again, congrats!

Thanks! Yeah I'm glad we got it on video. Not my longest kill but one of the best because like you said it's a smaller target especially at that range. I was originally going for a coyote at 600 but he left before I could dial my scope in, then this guy walks out 1 minute later. Lol

Thanks! Yeah I'm glad we got it on video. Not my longest kill but one of the best because like you said it's a smaller target especially at that range. I was originally going for a coyote at 600 but he left before I could dial my scope in, then this guy walks out 1 minute later. Lol
Ha! I had one of those days myself today. Went and set up for a long range shot on a deer who never showed up and instead killed a whopper of a bobcat .. . Gotta love Texas!gun)

Ha! I had one of those days myself today. Went and set up for a long range shot on a deer who never showed up and instead killed a whopper of a bobcat .. . Gotta love Texas!gun)

That's too awesome! I saw one about 600yards on our set up but he didn't stick around long enough. Texas is pretty awesome that's why I live here hahaha. You never know what's going to surprise you. Glad you got him, bobcats are always a great trophy!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts