55 days....and counting

dogz

Spring bear season is getting closer, today it's 41* here and it makes me want to start getting the day pack ready to rock:)

Spring bear, spot and stalk and calling it just doesn't get much better for this kid

dogz,
A friend and I are heading out there around the 12th of May. I think that we are going to be in the Hamilton area. Anywhere near where you are going to hunt?

I haven't hunted the Bitterroot for about 37 years or so, beautiful country down there though and your timing should be great!

My friend has a contact in the Three Forks area, and he said that we can hunt in that area if we wanted to. Having never been in the area, not sure if it would be a good bear ground. From the map, looks like a lot of pasture area where ranching would be going on. I do believe that he stated that there were plenty of elk in that area, and we could come back and elk hunt in the fall.

snow gophs out in full force this week, should be a G bear or three out rambling around as well:)

35 days............but who's counting:)

I am counting but I should probably add 365 to my count as I don't think the US-Canada border will be open by mid-May and it is hard to bear hunt in Saskatchewan from Minnesota. I was booked for last spring season also, I hope the outfitters and guides can stay in business and providde for themselves and families if they get reduced bookings for another year.

I talked with a wolf researcher in YNP who found some griz tracks a few days ago. They didn't know of any other sightings yet but it is beginning!

yeah I'm kind of amazed that we haven't heard of any sightings, usually by the end of Feb there has been some