511 Yard Coyote

Great long shot.
Congratulations!
I'm finished deer hunting and getting the itch for predators.
Have called a few nights in the last two weeks.
Can't get a coyote to come to the call for anything.

Take your turkey calls Coyote hunting and use them , the dogs eat more turkey then we do year round ,get back to the real sounds of nature that ring their dinner bell . Coyotes also key in on crow sounds that alert them to check out what all the fuss is about , think excited birds feeding calling their kind but alerting other hungry hunters of a fury kind . Frozen water become roads and quick quite travel routes, ponds and lakes always have tracks,muskrats, beaver,otters are on the winter menue ,even Willie doesn't always score a meal , it's just to temping for them not to try ,open water ducks & geese cripples , young & old it's on the menue ,when does drop their Fawns ,their on the Spring menue, try a fawn bleet call or fawn distress call , Streams are always patrolled by Willie ,Nature calls but do we hear .First light and twilight you can beat their not sleeping in,that happens on worm afternoons . Remember the Song "oh the fox went out the other night " by Peter Paul & Mary ? Happy new year to You All !, shoot straight

Great shot, nice coyote! I also was out yesterday and had an off day shooting... 2 of 4. One miss was about 50... feet! I hate it when they surprise me and I miss.

Take your turkey calls Coyote hunting and use them , the dogs eat more turkey then we do year round ,get back to the real sounds of nature that ring their dinner bell . Coyotes also key in on crow sounds that alert them to check out what all the fuss is about , think excited birds feeding calling their kind but alerting other hungry hunters of a fury kind . Frozen water become roads and quick quite travel routes, ponds and lakes always have tracks,muskrats, beaver,otters are on the winter menue ,even Willie doesn't always score a meal , it's just to temping for them not to try ,open water ducks & geese cripples , young & old it's on the menue ,when does drop their Fawns ,their on the Spring menue, try a fawn bleet call or fawn distress call , Streams are always patrolled by Willie ,Nature calls but do we hear .First light and twilight you can beat their not sleeping in,that happens on worm afternoons . Remember the Song "oh the fox went out the other night " by Peter Paul & Mary ? Happy new year to You All !, shoot straight

Excellent advice!

Helluva fine display of LR marksmanship,even with a 22/250 LOL,not hyjacking you but 511 yarsds i believe was my farthest ever shot to date taken this year with my 204,39 grain Blitz King at 3857 feet per second ,on a good sized male ,spun,run,dropped within 50 yards,drt. Gives one a good feeling. Nice shooting nice country also.
nice work, that is awesome! the 204 is on my list :)

Always enjoy seeing a song dog taking a dirt nap. One of my coyote rigs is a Remington 700 in .220 Swift. I push a 50gr Nosler varmint at 3980fps & will put 5 in a dime. Needless to say it puts the yotes down with authority.

Do the math as flat as a 22/250 with the right load,as much energy and in some cases more. I seldom take my Tikka T3 light out anymore since the 204.
Here's mine ,Thompson Center Venture @ 100 yards benched solid,7 shot group,then i shot the penny.Hornady Superformance Varmint 40 gr V-Max 3900 fps,with a 200 yards zero,- 4.3 @ 300 yards,- 13.2 2 400 yds,- 28.1 @ 500 yds,Coyote killing machine.
204.jpg
On a better day it could do a little better my guess.

Wow Ohlongarm, that's awesome grouping!!

THX,but be advised that was shot under 100% ideal conditions,no wind ,no humidity,rifle benched solid in a lead sled rest,two pound custom trigger job by Mcarbo in Florida,top shelf factory ammo. However i can hit them most of the time.Practice, one thing i'm on stickler on,know where your rifle shoots at the ranges you'll encounter,trajectory,energy etc,it does pay off.And carry a range finder so you can range fixed objects in the terrain you'll be shooting in.I'll typicall mark,100,to 500 yard objects so if a yote pops out i know where i need to hold to make the shot,most shots in northeast Ohio are max at 200,when you head south Ohio they can be 300 plus yards all day.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.