511 Yard Coyote

Ohlongarm

I like to start out with a low volume just in case there are some close that I didn't disturb on my way in . then increase the volume after a few minutes . If I see any movement I will turn it off and let them come . If they hang up then I will start at a low volume . If they hang up while you are calling stop calling and just watch them for a few minutes , 5 or more , then go back to calling at a low volume . You can be using too much volume or at the right time of the year you may be out of their kingdom and in the neighbors . If they are barking and maybe howling doing kick backs and or urinating maybe crapping they are usually marking their boundary lines . Just wait quietly for them to loose interest in you make note of where they were leave and come back in a day or two moving into their territory with caution , as if they caught you they would shoot you , and start out using a different call sound at low volume . You know that they have heard the other sound before and didn't want to come all the way in . I have laid on the ground beside rocks or sage brush maybe even just some tall grass to keep from being sky lined , I froze to the snow or ground more then once , watch for cati and ant hills depending on the time of year . Have fun pay attention to details and the environment let the coyote tell you about what you are doing right , or wrong and remember it .
Great advice!

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce