511 Yard Coyote

I like to start out with a low volume just in case there are some close that I didn't disturb on my way in . then increase the volume after a few minutes . If I see any movement I will turn it off and let them come . If they hang up then I will start at a low volume . If they hang up while you are calling stop calling and just watch them for a few minutes , 5 or more , then go back to calling at a low volume . You can be using too much volume or at the right time of the year you may be out of their kingdom and in the neighbors . If they are barking and maybe howling doing kick backs and or urinating maybe crapping they are usually marking their boundary lines . Just wait quietly for them to loose interest in you make note of where they were leave and come back in a day or two moving into their territory with caution , as if they caught you they would shoot you , and start out using a different call sound at low volume . You know that they have heard the other sound before and didn't want to come all the way in . I have laid on the ground beside rocks or sage brush maybe even just some tall grass to keep from being sky lined , I froze to the snow or ground more then once , watch for cati and ant hills depending on the time of year . Have fun pay attention to details and the environment let the coyote tell you about what you are doing right , or wrong and remember it .
Great advice!

Congrats. Longest I got was 276 with my 22-250

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_141859_022.jpg
    IMG_20170913_141859_022.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts