500+ yds in west Michigan

Soon long range precision shooters can stay in Michigan to test their skills year round at our own 1000 yard range at the Marksmanship Training Center. Being built and designed by/for professionals, but will also open to the public. Please sign up at www.MarksmanshipTrainingCenter.com to receive up-to-date information regarding this project in our newsletter.

PS: We are planning to have a few .50 friendly steel targets for that big 338AM on the UKD range!

Soon long range precision shooters can stay in Michigan to test their skills year round at our own 1000 yard range at the Marksmanship Training Center. Being built and designed by/for professionals, but will also open to the public. Please sign up at www.MarksmanshipTrainingCenter.com to receive up-to-date information regarding this project in our newsletter.

PS: We are planning to have a few .50 friendly steel targets for that big 338AM on the UKD range!

That's nice, but where are you? Michigan is a big state and there is no location info in your post or on your website or on your Facebook page.

Also, no matter where you are, consider "day" memberships or similar. Right now the closest 1000 yard range is 2 1/2 hours from me in IN, and I'm not interested in buying their year membership to go shoot 1 or 2 times. And yes, I asked about a day pass. If you are a similar distance I'd consider visiting for a day. I can shoot to 500 on land we have but wouldn't mind an official range so I didn't have to use a folding table out of the back of my pickup. :D

MTC has a website and FB page, but nothing on prospective locations, odd.

For now I'm banging 400 yards at Fennville and the 1K when I make it up to my buddies farm which is 3x the drive compared to Youngs.

They have a web site available. It's located in Wollcotville, IN. The cost is $300 for first year and $200 for every year after. It's year around and heated for winter. Just google youngs longshot. You'll find more on their site

I would also like to find somewhere I can shoot past 600 or so yards. I have a place at a friends house that I can shoot to 6-700 yards, but it can be a pain trying to plan around somebody else who isn't as into shooting as you are... Not to mention shooting out of a pickup truck's bed or fold out table.

IMO that's a lot of money for a place that some may only go a few times a year. Most I find only go out to two hundred yds or so. I'd like to see something near by that would be suitable.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.