50 Peacemaker?

Tyler Staggs

I was wondering if anyone uses or has used the .50 Peacemaker cartridge from SSK industries? It's a .460 Weatherby necked to .50 and throated for the BMG bullets. I would think that a 750gr. Amax at 2400fps would be quite impressive. I tried to look up the BC of the Amax, but the Hornady site is down.

I seriously considered this cartridge for a Ruger #1 project, however, I am trying to keep the rifle at the 15 pound mark and no brake. I've decided to stay with the .378 Weatherby for that project with a 34" tube for long range coyote plinkin'.

Actually, J.D. calls the cartridge the "Peacekeeper", (you sound like a Colt afficionado!), and the velocity realised with the 750 grain pills runs right around 2200 fps. Still pretty damned impressive!

Regards,

~Holmes

The BC. for the 750gr A-Max is 1.05, and I would use the 408 CheyTac and neck to .510" if I wanted the best combination available. The Weatherby case does work well though.

Ok Brent so what are we going to call this new round and what action do we use? It sounds like a very good idea a 408cheyn necked up to 510.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.