50 or 56 nightforce

Wow, this is getting pretty indepth. Thanks guys for providing those details. I'm really new to all this stuff, well the technical side of it anyways, and find myself learning more than my little brain can handle everyday.

As for everything mentioned, I think I would still go with a 50. It doesn't seem that the 56 would prove beneficial in most hunting situations. With that said, I've yet to look through either one, so my decision is definitely not set in stone. Looking through them in person with make it final.

Hence, 56/22 = 2.55mm, 50/22 = 2.27mm. Difference of .28mm.... .28mm is 12% of 2.27mm exit pupil (or 12% increase).
You're forgetting that exit pupils are also round. A 2.55mm exit pupil covers 25% more area than a 2.27mm exit pupil. Just like the 56mm objective has 25% more area than the 50mm objective.

Ultimate test fvor your eyes is to take both out at first light or at sunset and see. How many minutes of hunting you'd get with the 56 over the 50...but h oe many of us get to do this kind of test?

My question is why the 5.5-22? When NF 5.5-22 went up in price from $1550 to $1650. The 8-32 stayed the same and so did the 3.5-15. I bought the 8-32's for $100 more you can get bigger one if you need it or ever decide to compete.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.