.50 cal rated scopes

thequickad

I am looking at IOR scopes and one item keeps jumping out of their advertisement is .50 cal rated. I have not seen any other scope manufactures made that claim other than some mentioning that Leupold Mark 4s are also .50 cal rated. Does this mean that other scope manufactures are not willing to put .50 cal rated on their products?
confused.gif

[ 12-10-2003: Message edited by: thequickad ]

50 cal recoil is not terrific at all most light rifle have more recoil as 378 Wea for example or 375 Ultra than big fifty with good brake .

Shooting fifty is not a rodeo excpet in dream of "in the chair front of the TV shooters ...)

I agree that leupold or IOR are very strong under recoil IF scope ring and mount are in top class quality that far easy to destroy a scope ( costly ) with poor mounting stuff

Good shooting

DAN TEC

I have a leupold 6.5-20x50 lr on my 50. It has 200+ rounds through it and it is still shooting .3 moa groups. I had call leupold and they said that any of their scopes with 30mm tubes will hold up to the 50s recoil.

Don't over look the fact that IOR has a rich back ground in military optics. IOR's have been atop a lot of .50's, and not just for punching holes in paper.

Jim

The NightForce NXS 5.5 x 22 is a 50 cal. scope as I recall...apparently built specifically for a 50 cal. application.

This is a very interesting question. For the fun of it, let me show you one of my favorite pictures. See how many of the rifles and scopes you can identify:

armclean.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.