50 BMG

bjlooper

I just bought a Armalite AR 50. I was hoping to get some info about long range shooting with the 50 but nobody seams to be talking about the 50.
Is the 50 not a good choice for long range shooting. Don't hold back with your opinions I'm verey intrested in the facts about this cartige.
Thanks
DR B

"Is the 50 not a good choice for long range shooting" very funny. The 50 is a great choice for long range given it is accurate and you can handle it. I don't think alot of people talk about it because it's not much of a hunting round. Don't get me wrong, you hit anything and you and it will know. Also in some states there is weight limits that you normally can't get the 50 to fit into. When I say it's not much of a hunting round I mean that it's not what you're normal hunting rifle chambered in. If you dont have to pack it anywhere or if where you're hunting dosen't have any weight restrictions for rifle weight you picked up an awesome cartridge. Have fun putting over 200 grains of powder in each shell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do alot of 50 cal shooting and have for about the last 10 years. IF you have any questions feel free to drop me an e-mail any time. If I do not have the answers I have alot of contacts that I am sure we can find the answers to your questions from.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I just shot my first 50 BMG this weekend. What a Blast! I was really surprised how accurate it was even with surplus ball ammo. The recoil was not even an issue. Everything was huge about it. It had a tank style brake on it and it alone looked to weigh almost 10 pounds. The barrel was at least 1 1/2" with no taper and some fluting on it. It was a single shot bolt deal on an AR receiver.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.