50 bmg ballistics help needed quick

rost495

HI

Have my own range and all, but never thought I"d get a last second invite for some does..... which means I'm a new owner of an AR50 and a can of ball ammo. I did get the gun roughed in on plates at 200 yards a while back but decided that this hunt could blood the gun.

What I need is a ballpark of ball ammo ballistics, 200 zero, elevation at 100,300,400,500,600 yards. I'll have a moment to shoot the gun tommorrow after the morning hunt on a long sendero but want to have an idea what to dial into it.

Leaving in about 4 hours. Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Should add that I don't know what kind of ball other than it was under 700 grains, and a FMJ bullet. DOn't know BC or MV or any of the good things or could run it myself.

Thanks again.

Jeff

BTT, to add, checked those, unless I missed it, all require some data input. I dont' have any as mentioned. Might can google what ball ammo in a 50 is somewhere but right now don't have MV source or BC at all.

Thanks, I finally got time to sit at google for 30 minutes. Found a ball park MV of 2900 and BC of 670. Got a print out drop sheet now. Gives one an idea anyway.

Looks like 200 to 600 is dropping 10moa basically. Easy to remember.

Thanks, Jeff

FWIW, ballistics issues worked fine. But contrary to what I'd read, the bullet must need to be somewhat expansive. 640ish ball bullet poked a nice hole through a doe up close around 260 or so. Ran 50-60 yards, no blood trail at all.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts