• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

.50/20 Rifle Project – component set, tooling, presses, brass ++

ELR Researcher

.50/20 Rifle Project – component set, tooling, presses, brass ++ (set or part-out)

Pic of cartridges
– left to right, .50/20 Oscar, .50 BMG, .50 T. W. The first and third are based on the readily-available, 20 mm, Vulcan cartridge case.

Actions – (2) plus, UNPROVEN, custom-design, screw actions. Bolts and receivers are 4340 steel (raw stock from Fry Steel), through-hardened (pre-machining) to 44 Rockwell C. The bolts are QPQ nitrided to approx 55-58 Rockwell C. (2) bolts, (2) receivers, and (1) spare bolt (used during firing system development). Machined on state-of-the art, CNC equipment by Heritage Arms, Loma, CO. DROS'd in sunny So Cal, 100% California legal. Includes (2) custom, 6" long, polished SS, zero MOA, Pic rails by Murphy Precision (with attached hardware and side bar to attach ground lead for the electric firing system). Includes drive sockets for receiver and bolt and 1/2"-to-3/4" drive adapter for the larger. Includes pin spanner for bolt (large spanner is pictured in error and not included - design changed to add machined hex in receiver and the noted socket). Only sold as part of a set. See prices under "Prices: Sets A1, A2, A3" (near the end of the ad).

NOTE: The distance from the centerline of the action to the bottom of the cross slots in the included Pic rail is about 1.95". The distance from the centerline of the 2.5" barrel block to its top surface is 2". Therefore, depending on the scope mounting system used by the buyer, there may not be sufficient height to clear the scope's objective lens – in which case a riser and longer rail mounting hardware will be required.

Barrel Blanks (total of 7, all un-chambered, un-threaded for brake):

(2) K&P 416R, .500 bore/.510 groove, 2.5" straight cylinder, 1:11 twist, 45" finished, pre-machining cryo'd by 300 Below, Sunnen-honed by Benchmark - $625 each plus shipping - BOTH SOLD

(2) K&P CM, .500 bore/.510 groove, 2.5", straight cylinder, 1:11 twist, 45" finished, Sunnen-honed by Benchmark - $495 each plus shipping - BOTH SOLD

(1) K&P CM, .500 bore/.510 groove, 2.5", straight cylinder, 1:11 twist, 30" finished (for interim development) - $345 plus shipping

(2) K&P CM, .500 bore/.510 groove, 2.5", straight cylinder, 1:11 twist, approx 22" finished (for initial development and fire forming) - $249 each plus shipping

Brakes – (2) brand new, Advanced Long-range Systems/ALS, .50 cal, threaded 1"-14 (same as AR and K&P) - $150 each, shipped and insured - BOTH SOLD

Tuner
– brand new, custom, from Rifle Accuracy Systems/RAS - $495, shipped and insured

Chassis – custom, barrel-block design in 7075-T651 aluminum (raw stock from Jorgensen Steel). Machined on state-of-the art, CNC equipment by Heritage Arms, Loma, CO. (2) barrel blocks – one for 2.0" barrels and one for 2.5" barrels. Includes a pair of spring-back handles and a full set of hardware items for base chassis and barrel blocks. Includes a heavy duty transit box – the intent being to travel with the base in one box and the barrel-block-barreled-action subassembly in a separate heavy duty box (never built but quite inexpensive to have constructed), mate up at destination. The rear of the chassis is 5" wide with 1" (square) side rails; the front is 9" wide with 1" (square and full-length) side rails. Design is intended to be used with a SEB Maxi rest with narrowed, side-support inserts to allow for the 9" footprint – I had one but sold it; rear rest of typical front rest design but used in the rear – I had a John Loh with 5" top but sold it. $2595 plus shipping

NOTE: While this chassis was designed for this combination of components, the 4.5" long x 3" wide "hole" in the base would accommodate a conventional action design where the trigger is as much as 11.5" back from the action's front face (assuming that the front of that action is positioned just at the rear of the barrel block).

Firing System – wireless, electric, using Winchester, PA-520, 20 mm Vulcan electric primers; uses a spring-loaded, insulated, copper conductor; includes the associated power source (dual, 12V, rechargeable batteries), cable set, WiFi remote box, (2) "trigger" fobs, and charger. This design has been proven 100% reliable in firing the noted primers. Only sold as part of a set. See prices under "Prices: Sets A1, A2, A3" (near the end of the ad).

NOTE: The brass takes either electric or percussion primers (same primer pockets and flash holes), both of which are readily available (source to be identified). The action design in this ad is electric-priming ONLY. Also, the only "firing pin" that currently exists is installed in the spare bolt. Prior to delivery, I will prepare and assemble one each for the other two bolts – and include them in the shipment.

Reamers and gauges (including a non-exclusive, non-commercial, right to the ".50/20 Oscar" design; print only for the ".50 T. W.", not my design, unrestricted to me):

".50/20 Oscar" – (1) removable-pilot rough and (1) finish reamer, both carbide and Inferno coated; (1) Go and (1) No-Go gauge; all by Pacific Tool and Gauge/PTG, new, never used - $750, shipped and insured

".50 T. W." – (1) removable-pilot finish and (1) resize reamer, HSS, by JGS; (1) Go and (1) No-Go gauge, by Pacific Tool and Gauge/PTG; reamers used very lightly by designer/original owner, gauges are new, never used - $795, shipped and insured

Plus a PTG Uni-Throater , .50 cal, new, never used - $75, shipped and insured

NOTE: The action design is ZERO headspace (screw in the bolt until the cartridge stops in the chamber), so NO gauges are needed – they were purchased, and are included, in case the action design was determined inappropriate for my application, unlimited range shooting (would be needed if used for a rifle configuration with a non-zero-headspace action).

Custom Dies (2 sets, never used):

".50/20 Oscar" die set – custom, forming and full length sizing with the required bushings; arbor-press-style seating die and base (for use with K&M Force Measurement arbor press); from Warner Tool/WTC - $1975, shipped and insured

".50 T. W." die set – custom, forming and full length sizing with the required bushings; arbor-press-style seating die and base (for use with K&M Force Measurement arbor press); from Warner Tool/WTC - $1975, shipped and insured

NOTE: After I completed photographing these die sets, I noticed that the sizing dies had somehow gotten switched, thus the "wrong" tags on each in the pic – those dies have since been physically swapped to their correct boxes. In any case, all the parts are there between the two boxes.

Brass:

(99) pieces of each cartridge design, Warner Tool formed and turned, new brass. [Pic shows 100 each but I'm keeping one each for the memories.] $1825 each cartridge design including approx one-half of the 33 pcs, below, shipped and insured

(33) pieces of new, unmodified brass (20 mm Vulcan), all but 4 have had primers installed, cleared, and those primers removed. See above.

Bullets:

(98) pieces of GS Custom (GSC), 910 gr, (510910SP307) - http://www.gscustomusa.com/510910SP307.html - $200, shipped and insured

(43) pieces of GS Custom (GSC), 975 gr, (510975SP269) - http://www.gsgroup.co.za/510975sp269.html - $122, shipped and insured

(45) pieces of GS Custom (GSC), 1030 gr, (5101030SP258) - http://www.gsgroup.co.za/5101030sp258.html - $149, shipped and insured

(100) pieces of GS Custom (GSC), 1100 gr, (5101100SP097) - http://www.gscustomusa.com/5101100SP097.html - $249, shipped and insured - SOLD and SHIPPED

(400) pieces (approx) of South African 690 gr, M2 ball – for fire forming - $290, shipped and insured - ALL SOLD

Primers
– approx 1950 pieces of Winchester, PA-520, 20 mm Vulcan electric - $1115. Please note that I have no HazMat shipment capability, so this sale needs to be done face to face (my location in Redondo Beach, CA 90277).

Reloading Equipment:

Press - CH4D Rock Crusher http://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/RC000), 2"-12 top thread for WTC dies, new; reworked by Warner Tool (to improve alignment); includes (2) CH4D #4535911 shell holders - $1395, plus shipping - SOLD

Press stand - Corbin CSP-S, adjustable height (http://www.swagedies.com/mm5/mercha...CBST&Product_Code=CSP-S&Category_Code=H-press) - $360, plus shipping

Press, arbor - K&M #ARPRASM special (longer length - adjust the mechanism's height for the smallest to largest cartridges and the longest bullets), with force measurement, including Mitutoyo digital indicator - $295, shipped and insured - PRESS SOLD AND SHIPPED, I'm keeping the indicator

Primer seater - M2 Precision (http://www.m2precision.com/products/primer_seater.html); 1 ½-12 threads; modified to accept 20 mm Vulcan cases - $280, shipped and insured

De-priming tool with 20mm Vulcan case adapter - from Patrick Bieck - $65, shipped and insured

Flash-hole-drilling alignment bushings – (2) custom; takes a #27 drill bit (McMaster-Carr #3584A183), bit NOT included. Only sold as part of the "case prep" set, see below

Primer pocket uniformer body (custom) and 21/64" end mill, TiCN coated carbide (McMaster-Carr #8515A316). Only sold as part of the "case prep" set, see below

Case trimmer - Wilson CTS-50MKIT; Ti-coated cutter (Wilson # CTP-50TNC); custom mods (riser and larger end pieces added for the much larger diameter Vulcan case), plus custom case holders (one per cartridge case design). Only sold as part of the "case prep" set, see below

Cartridge measurement base – custom (to fit Vulcan case, slotted on the bottom to fit standard calipers). Only sold as part of the "case prep" set, see below

"Case prep" set (flash-hole-drilling alignment bushings, primer pocket uniformer body and end mill, case trimmer, and cartridge measurement base, all as note above) - $495, shipped and insured

Other items:

Barrel vise – custom, accepts up to a 3" diameter barrel - $150, shipped and insured - SOLD and SHIPPED

Cleaning rod – Tipton carbon fiber, 62" long (from front of handle to end), .375" diameter, no longer in production – $100, shipped and insured

Rifle case - Pelican/Storm iM3100, wheeled, hard case and heavy duty outer box, excellent condition - $175, shipped and insured - SOLD and SHIPPED

Weight, complete with 2.5x45" barrel, in 2.5" barrel block – approximately 155# [base chassis is approx 65#, barrel blocks are approx 15-17# each, 2.5x45" barrels are approx 61# each, complete action and rail (set) is approx 9#, and the brake is approx 3#.]

Length, complete with 45" barrel and brake installed – approximately 64"

No confirmed "performance data" are available for either cartridge in this or any other base configuration. The guy I purchased the .50 T.W. reamers from claimed over 4000 fps from a 45" barrel using 800 grain bullets – I have nothing to confirm or dispute that claim. I will point the buyer to a source of very slow burning powder. Purchaser/reloader – as always, proceed with CAUTION!

Why I'm selling – I'm too old, too weak.

Prices – where noted "plus shipping" (actual cost of USPS ground for the actions, fully insured for the sale value; balance of "plus shipping" items at actual cost by carrier of buyer's choice, fully insured for sale price); check or MO only, I do not do PayPal or wire transfers.

Set All (everything remaining above, plus shipping for all but primers; primers need to be transferred face to face at my location in California, LA area) - $16,445. [Before you gripe about the price, my cost for the above, when nothing had been parted out, was north of $43,000.]

Set A1 (one of the receiver/bolt sets with rail, spare bolt; drive sockets and adapter; and firing system) shipped and insured - $1395

Set A2 (one of the receiver/bolt sets and rail plus firing system) shipped and insured - $1295

Set A3 (sets A1 and A2, combined) - $2645

Other part-out prices as noted above for each item which I am willing to part-out.

Transfer of the actions must be conducted through your FFL and the actions must be shipped to the FFL – everything else will ship direct to the buyer. The FFL needs to e-mail me a copy of their license. After I confirm the FFL is current and that the FFL's shipping address matches the ATFOnline database, and your check or MO clears my bank, I will promptly ship.

Please address detail questions to webmaster at elr-resources.com. Some sites have limited photo-posting. Serious buyers, please e-mail for more pics - please be very specific as to what you are looking for. Thanks for considering purchase of this excellent gear.

Attachments

• IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    506.7 KB · Views: 1,526
  • IMG_2810.JPG
    IMG_2810.JPG
    828.8 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    806.2 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG