5 Years In The Making....

Both names are Home Runs - but I think Broz' suggestion traveled a little farther.
I'd vote for the bottom metal - tastefull, easily visible and not tacky at all.

If you want to give your Buddy Upstrairs a belly laugh name it "Busting My Balls" :)

Well then, the bottom metal it will be... I'll get it all figured out, then report back with a picture of the finished product.
Thanks Gents~

I like some AK reference in there - so it's clear she has her roots there (vs. a Wisconsin deer blind or something). Maybe "Wrangell Filly"? If you wanted her to sound mean and the animals fear her she could be "Wrangella" - kinda like cruella deville/godzilla (too many kids movies - sorry). Tundra Companion, Wrangell Dreamin, Wrangell Wraith, Alpine Filly, Sheep something (dreamin, slayer, stalker, companion). Ok, I guess I should quit brainstorming and go to bed - I think you already have a name anyway. Just some more ideas is all.

Awesome rifle and stock. It may not be AK, but you should come to CO and christen it with a bull elk.

Joel,

VERY NICE! Glad to see it off the bench and put together. They are so much more than steel and wood... You really do bring them to life.

Gene

Thanks again guys. I've been stacked with work so I haven't had time to work on the bottom metal yet. I'll report back when it's finished.

308 baer is improved 300 weatherby.

Joel, I never knew the story behind the rifle. Saw it sitting there on your bench forever... Looks great as all your work!!! I liked it before but the story makes me like it more. Now you got to hunt with it.. Maybe you could go on a 2 mile hike with it ;-)

308 baer is improved 300 weatherby.

Joel, I never knew the story behind the rifle. Saw it sitting there on your bench forever... Looks great as all your work!!! I liked it before but the story makes me like it more. Now you got to hunt with it.. Maybe you could go on a 2 mile hike with it ;-)
I've often though of blowing out the .300 wm and using a 30 degree shoulder. I'm sure it's already been done but I always wanted to create a wild cat.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.