5 minutes on cleaning

Don't let it set very long on stainless either.
I haven't used it on a chrome moly barrel , I would be hesitant too.

You indicated that one should not use the CLR on blued barrels. Does that mean that one should not use it to clean the bores of blued barrels but not letting it settle on the exterior of the blued barrels? By the way thanks for the prompt response to my first question.

It's hard to clean a bore without getting it on the muzzle/exterior.

So I tend to avoid it entirely on blued barrels.

I've used it a few times. It doesn't work in all cases.... Verified by my borescope.

I have a friend that poured a teaspoon of CLR in a bottle of Butche's Boreshine that had about 1/2 of product left and tapped the muzzle and muzzle end with Frog Tape or sometimes he smears petrolleum jelly around the muzzle exit and so far he has not ruined his blued finish and the added C L R really helps on carbon.There are good carbon removers on the market now that was not on the market back then so I would not use it on a blued firearm

Have you tried it on cerakoted barrels?
I only use it on stubborn carbon rings on the throat area.
I use CLR on my Cerakoted barrels and there is no issue. Just don't let it sit much more than 15 mins and you will be fine. Follow CLR up with Kroll or something like it to make sure you get it out of the bore. It cuts carbon very well, however if you neglect cleaning you will have to scrub with it for a while. I use a copper brush and CLR for tough carbon buildup, may take several sessions but it has always come clean.