5.7 x 28 mm center fire cartridge

Steyr Luxus

Recently I came accross the subject cartridge. From the information I have found this round seems to be extinct as it was once available commercialy.
Savage Arms currently offers the model 25 LV-T in this calibre and is available from a local firarms dealer. Does anyone know if these rounds are once again commercially available or is this purley a wildcat round and does anyone have hands on experience with this round?

This round is actually thriving in both military and civilian markets.

Loaded ammo can be found at the usual sources like midwayusa.com. elite ammo has some pretty interesting custom loads as well.

I love it in an AR platform. 50 round mags mean more shooting and less reloading.

Yup definitely available. I see them everytime I'm at Bass Pro and Cabelas. I would love to have it both in an AR platform and the FN FiveSeven pistol. Sweet little round.

This round is actually thriving in both military and civilian markets.

Loaded ammo can be found at the usual sources like midwayusa.com. elite ammo has some pretty interesting custom loads as well.

I love it in an AR platform. 50 round mags mean more shooting and less reloading.

^^Ditto^^ I have the FNH PS90 chambered for that little feller. Man what a fun little package! Bullpup design means the total length can't be a whole lot more than 24" total, add a 50rnd mag (or several:D) and you can imagine the fun that can be had. Ammo is cheap to buy, the gun doesn't get hot & I'm actually happy with the accuracy. The FiveSeven pistol is on my christmas list, as it is chambered for the same round. I would already have the Savage 25 if they offered it in Left Hand (yeah im backwards).

There is a manufacturer offering an AR-15 upper for this round & the FN magazines... that could be fun! gun)

AR57 makes the upper. Just like the PS90, the rounds eject out the bottom. Add a 20 round AR mag without the follower and it catches all 50 empties perfectly.

At some point I want to play around with necking it down to .177

The guys on saubier.com get over 3300 fps from a 20 grain v-max in a bolt gun!

Imagine 50 rounds of that for pdogs!

I would like to have an accurate 5.7 X 28 MM bolt action rifle with a 24 inch barrel 1-14 rifling. Its bullet velocity is more than the 22 WMR and bit less than the 22 Hornet. It could be a good spring prairie dog pup rifle when there are a lot of shots within 150 yards. But Im going to end up with the new Hornady 17 Hornet

If any of you guys wish to part with the spent 5.7 brass I can certainly use it.

Good shooting

BT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.