5.56 reload combo

Not offering a recipe, but if you are trying to locate bullets - I recently found Rocky Mountain Reloading - RMRBullets.com. If you are looking for plinking/paper punching, he's got a deal on Hornady 62g FMJs right now. I'm not affiliated with this company in any way other than I am a satisfied customer. I've bought 9mm and .224 projectiles from them over the past year and despite his warnings about shipping delays, I usually get my orders delivered in a week or so. Hope this helps.

I use CFE223, AA2230, and W748 in that order. But I must say I reload solely for plinking. Have yet to try to reload for optimal accuracy. All I have are 55 and 62 FMJ's. I can reliably hit 12" plates at 300 yards though so that's IMO decent accuracy. Never measured a 300 yard group on steel just know I hit with boring regularity more often than I miss. My 100 yard groups have all been under 2" but the only factory ammo I have shot has been Wolf Gold, WW white box NATO, Herters, and Federal Eagle nothing really reloaded to match accuracy standards.

Darn you guys now I want to see how well I can shoot with my AR's. That all I need more load development.

Last edited:
My prairie dogs loads are 24.5 @ Accurate2520 with a 55gr bullets, 24" barrel. AR-15
Also good on paper out to 600 yards for cmp.
Guns sighted in for at 200 yards.

I use TAC for my 5.56 reloading. Mostly make 77 gr. loads. Shoot a lot of factory 55 gr. but do not have the patience to reload the 55 gr. in large volumes.