4dof zero angle, sighting in, 2 different loads

I feel like these are basic questions, and i am overthinking things, but I need a little help.
300prc. I have and use both the hornady 4dof phone app as well as a kestrel 5700 w 4dof. Using both Hornady ELDM and ELDX loads. Factory only right now, not reloading. I do have the 2 loads saved as different favorites on the app and kestrel.
Here is my question(s). My gun/scope was zeroed at 100 with the Match loads, and it definitely seems to like them better. Good groups out to 400, can ring steel well beyond. The ELD-x loads...not so much. As my dad would say, I can't hit a bull in the *** with a bucket of rice. Just fairly inconsistent. BUT, I am also having problems sighting in and establishing a zero with the ELDX.
Since I am zeroed at 100 with the Match loads, I have found myself playing with the zero range and/or the muzzle velocity numbers on the ELDX in order to get more consistent groups at 400. I do have muzzle velocity numbers, but found them not too consistent from one shot to the next. Could be my machine. I would assume I don't want to change the zero of the elevation and windage turrets, since they were set and shooting well with the Match loads. But the analytical side of me knows that is not likely the best solution when I get out further. I would guess that will compound the errors at longer range? So is my best course to start at the beginning at 100y with the ELDX loads using zero angle method? I am assuming that I can have 2 different loads saved in the programs, one zeroed the traditional way, the other using the zero angle method? And finally, if I am shooting good groups with the Match loads, is it better to go back and use the zero angle with those as well, or will that gain me much for the relative pain in the *** factor?

thanks in advance

Me personally, I would pick 'a' bullet/load. The best of what I have.
Zero angle allows for 2 software zeros, but why bother with a worse load?
I would at least improve the ELDX to rational field alternate for ELDM, before determining & using a new zero angle.

Last edited:
cool. thanks for answering my question. My goal with the question is/was to hopefully follow what you are saying. Use the load my gun likes, the ELDM when it matters, and use the ELDX load for the practice I will always need. By being able to start over with the ELDX with zero angle technique to at least get it reasonable without screwing up the ELDM was the key part.

I don't have the system, but breezed over it. The zero angle feature is a good idea.
Letting the software calculate new zero and go on from there.