4831 SC in 6.5 PRC

MTbackwoods

Anybody have any data on this combo? I recently bought 8 lbs because it's what I could get for a decent price. I know it's touted for it's accuracy so I don't mind giving up speed. I have a bit of RL26, 23, and some H1000 but I really wanna hear some real world data on the 4831

I'm running 125gr CEB maximus, nosler brass, CCI br-2 and 53.6gr H4831sc (safe in my rifle with no pressure signs at all) right at 2980fps 3/4 moa out to 500yds

My wife's browning x bolt hells canyon speed...loves 57.5 grs h4831, br2 primers, adg brass, 140 berger elite hunters. Runs them at 3045. She shoots this to a mile. I've also loaded 56.5 h4831 with 147 eldm. Shoots them great

My wife's browning x bolt hells canyon speed...loves 57.5 grs h4831, br2 primers, adg brass, 140 berger elite hunters. Runs them at 3045. She shoots this to a mile. I've also loaded 56.5 h4831 with 147 eldm. Shoots them great
Hell yeah brother. Thank you. That's with a 26" barrel yeah?

I've been developing some loads using H4831SC w/ CCI 200 behind 140gr GMX (only copper bullet my rifle likes) and 140gr ELDM. Found a good node at 54.0 grains, it was grouping around .6 MOA at 200 yards, clocking around 3,000fps in a 24" barrel. Didn't check groups farther out, but was consistently ringing 10" steel at 650 yards. Then I cracked a new bottle, loaded five rounds w/ 54 grains again, and the first round hit 3,150fps, blew the primer and had the worst brass flow I've ever seen. Left the rest of those rounds alone. I dropped down to 50 grains, and now it's consistently clocking 3025 at 50 grains. I think the wrong powder went in the bottle or something is off with the batch I got. Anyone else seen velocities like that from any H4831SC bought in the past couple years? I got that bottle right before the shelves emptied of powder.

I've been developing some loads using H4831SC w/ CCI 200 behind 140gr GMX (only copper bullet my rifle likes) and 140gr ELDM. Found a good node at 54.0 grains, it was grouping around .6 MOA at 200 yards, clocking around 3,000fps in a 24" barrel. Didn't check groups farther out, but was consistently ringing 10" steel at 650 yards. Then I cracked a new bottle, loaded five rounds w/ 54 grains again, and the first round hit 3,150fps, blew the primer and had the worst brass flow I've ever seen. Left the rest of those rounds alone. I dropped down to 50 grains, and now it's consistently clocking 3025 at 50 grains. I think the wrong powder went in the bottle or something is off with the batch I got. Anyone else seen velocities like that from any H4831SC bought in the past couple years? I got that bottle right before the shelves emptied of powder.
What scale are you using? And do you have anything to double check your charges with?

What scale are you using? And do you have anything to double check your charges with?
I was using a Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper. First thing I did was check it against another digital scale. .2grain max variation between the two across repeat measurements, so I ruled out the scale.

I was using a Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper. First thing I did was check it against another digital scale. .2grain max variation between the two across repeat measurements, so I ruled out the scale.
Yeah that's interesting. Well I'm about to move back to Montana and start load development. I have 8 lbs of 4831 and 140gr ELD M's eating to be tested. I'll update you and see where I land on charge weight and velocity

You do any shooting at MPG Ranch?
No. I hadn't even heard of it until last year. My old boss told me about it and he goes there all the time. I understand you need to be invited to go there? I've had to drag steel plates up steep mountains just to have something to shoot at. I'd love to check it out some day

I shoot 4831sc with 140 Berger EH in my 6.5saum. Easiest load development I ever did. They are moving 3120 from a 25" Brux. I know not a PRC but close.