.475 BSM

TXAoudadKlr

Did anyone else see this at shotshow?
The big selling point is the most powerful round to be chambered in an AR. 390gr cutting edge at 2500fps. Uses a rebated rim .473.

While not particularly interested in the .475 it looks like an interesting new parent case to wildcat off of.

They were "introduced" a year ago at shot too :
Ammo is $190/ 20 rounds guns are $3000 and "preorder" a year later... Guess i'll have to wait.
And it is an AR10 platform

Yeah they're obviously proud of their stuff. Not interested in their AR more just the case as a parent case.

Since I saw it I was intrigued in necking it to .458

Could possibly send the 260gr CEB Maximus to 3k

Last edited:
I think they are actually fully cnc'd cases not die drawn. That explains the huge cost. I know some collectors and designers that have to go that route but no way for production.

The brass is made by RCC Brass to our spec using their high pressure brass formulation. Necessary to withstand the 65k psi demands of the cartridge. We have 3 choices of projectile available now, with a jacketed lead hollow point and one in flat nose for $139/20. People were shooting the 390 grain jacketed out to the 1000 yard target all day at Range Day before SHOT Show Max charge load data is 78 grains H-335 under a 390 grain projectile, although for Range Day, we loaded it at 77.8 grains.
You can get the brass cases directly from RCC Brass, the jacketed lead projectiles from Hawk Precision Bullets.

Did anyone else see this at shotshow?
The big selling point is the most powerful round to be chambered in an AR. 390gr cutting edge at 2500fps. Uses a rebated rim .473.

While not particularly interested in the .475 it looks like an interesting new parent case to wildcat off of.

The cartridge uses a standard steel .308 bolt face and a tungsten buffer. The idea is that you can use your DPMS AR-10 lower and use this upper.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.