465 yd. AR-15 Coyote

Nice, I'm wounderin about the AI, have any crono results? I've got a standard .223 I shoot 75 gr hornadys but still have a spread of about 40 fps in mag legnth rounds. I'm undecided to persue the AR or work the M1A into a mid range varmint getter

You know i think i was getting consistent velocities with it, but i'm at work now, and i'll have to check my notes tomorrow. I know 3100 is about right for a good working load out of my 26" tube. I think it's Re 15, but i gotta check on that.

GP, i'm not sure what my vel. spread was, but i do know if it was significant i wouldn't have used the load. In fact, i just ran the ballistics comparing a 40 f.p.s. deviation, and that equates to only 2" drop variation @ 600 yds. I haven't done any target work with the 70's @ 600 yet, but i'll have to check it out soon. You know Jimmy's also got a 65 with a B.C. of .397. Be nice to try them some time. The only reason i'm shooting the JLK though compared to the BIG 3 is because i got a great deal on 1500 of them several years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.