• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 460 Weatherby MK 5

chetc

I am selling for a friend, 460 Weatherby Mark 5 with 3x9 Leupold, Sling and 10 boxes of ammo, like brand new $1500

What would you use a .460 weatherby for?
confused.gif

Hey now, my 416 Wby works fine for LRH!
wink.gif

Shure would be nice to see some nice high BC bullets for these bigger boomers though...

As the lyman reloading book says, they are fun to shoot the first time around. I would have it just to add to my collection. If I ever went to Africa, I do not know about you, but I would want a cape buffalo blown backwards instead of charging me.

I'd rather take my chances with a .375 H&H instead of pounding the hell out of my shoulder
wink.gif

Yeah, but what a blast you will feel and hear with each shot. I guess its a trade off either way. Recoil to break your shoulder or going deaf with headaches. One of my Dad's friends has a .460 in the Dangerous Game Rifle. He is a guide in Alaska and uses it for bear. I havn't heard him complain yet. Though I havn't heard him at all either.
grin.gif

375's a BB gun!
grin.gif

I would recommend a brake for the recoil shy, or even those that think they aren't and have yet to handle the high speed big bores without one.
wink.gif

A BB gun! I wish i could show you the film of my grandfather dropping a charging bull elephant at 12 yards with a .375. talk about "bang-flop"
shocked.gif