.460 S&W Mag in a bolt action rifle?

After a little research I answered my own question. The 450 Bushmaster is more than capable for deer. In fact, it appears to have higher muzzle energy numbers and higher velocity than the 12 gauge sabots I shoot.

I even read a story of a father and his son who use AR15's with 450 Bushmaster uppers to hunt elk.

...Interesting... :rolleyes:

Here is a VIDEO of my 450 Bushmaster being tested for recoil and with a brake, it is still almost the same recoil as the 30/06. it is a bear on big hogs and deer and although I would not use it on elk normally, I am sure it would do the job at close ranges (100- yards)

The Bushmaster Test is about Half way through the VIDEO.

Mine also has a green Laser Illuminator for night hunting hogs that allow me to use the scope day or nights.

I had thought about building a bolt gun in 450 Bushmaster, but for hogs I wanted fast follow up shots. A 10 round mag is the same size as the 20 round .223 mag.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.