460 Rowland

Curious: Are those gas checks staying on with the slower handgun velocities?

Never used a gas check on these short barrels and hard cast bullets. They really don't lead actually in my stuff. The soft cast lead bullets on old world competition being it bulls eye and my 45 or the various 38/357competition would seriously lead by the end of the competition.

Neal

I know the gas checks remain on the bullets until they exit the barrel, I am unsure if they make it all the way to the target. I will check the next time I shoot my steel plate.

I tried the 230 grain LEE bullets without the checks and I got a significant amount of leading in my barrel. I could remove it, but not without some scrubbing. The aluminum checks are designed for plain base bullets, very inexpensive, and they are easy to install. I am planning to try them on some 10mm bullets in the future.

Has anyone done any hunting with a Glock 460 Rowland or carry one for self preservation while in "get eatin' " country?

big_bear.jpg

Big boy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.