• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .458 Smokeless Muzzleloader

Earnhardt

Remington 700 ML Stainless Muzzle loader
28" .458 Pacnor 1:22 twist- Smokeless muzzleloader barrel - Stainless barrel- less than 100 shots on barrel
Hunter 209 primer bolt nose
Boyd's Tacticool Stock- Not bedded or pillared
NightForce 20 MOA scope base
(1) new Savage - tungsten bushing breech plug
New TC ramrod
New .40 cal loading jag for saboted bullets
New .45 cal loading jag for full/smooth form bullets
includes a barrel drop
This smokeless muzzle loader does not have a bullet sizing die.
I had (3) .458 barrels that I used (1) bullet sizing die, and that was sold with another barrel.
This gun comes with a barrel drop, a 1" piece of barrel that is used to make a bullet sizing die, so you can either have a Swing Lock smooth/full form sizing die or just a standard full form die, to size .45 cal bullets to shoot in the gun without sabots.
Swing Lock bullet sizing dies are $180 or $198, and take 2-4 weeks to make.
The gun can/will shoot saboted bullets, and .451 or .458 bullets that are smooth/full formed.
This gun is classified as a muzzleloader so it can be shipped directly to you, where it is legal.

$1340 Shipped to lower 48 States - Postal Money Orders
PM me if interested

Last edited:
I'll post answers to some of the questions I've received about the gun.
The gun shoots 1/2 to 1 MOA out to 500+ yards with full formed Match Hunter bullets, whether the Parkers or APBs. I prefer the 310 APBs, because they are a true full form bullet.
I normally shot full formed 310 APBs from 2700 to 3000 fps in this gun, with various powders and great accuracy.
The gun weighs 12.8 lbs, without a scope. But that helps with recoil when shooting a 310 grain bullet at 3000 fps without a brake.
Some of the main benefits of a smokeless muzzleloader are they are very accurate and they are easy to clean and maintain.
At my peak, I had 11 smokeless muzzle loaders and barrels in the safe, so now I'm thinning out the herd.

Another modification I did to this gun was that I put in a larger 3rd action screw in place of the front trigger guard screw.
So it has (3) 1/4-28 action screws.

Here's the bullets that I used in this gun.
310 APBs...lights out accurate!

If someone lives in a state where rifle huntings not allowed but muzzleloader are this is the gun you need.

Earnhardt
I have a similar setup. Have taken deer out to 480 yds.
If anyone is looking for a long range ml, this would be a great buy at this price.
Good luck with the sale.