458 lott

backyardsniper

I have a cz550 in 458 lott. I have a little bit of data from the hornady manual but there isn't a lot out there on this thing. Anybody have any pet loads. Reduced or full house barn burners. I'd like to hear what you got. Range and practice loades as well as game day loads. Thanks guys. I have some hornady 350gr bullets and I'm gonna get some heavies. I have a ton of varget. I've heard its good. What else works in this rifle?

Tac is a good powder i load it behind the hornady 350 rd nose im shootin a ruger #1 so since there is no mag to fool with i can be flexible with OAL TAC powder is made by ramshot

I have a cz550 in 458 lott. I have a little bit of data from the hornady manual but there isn't a lot out there on this thing. Anybody have any pet loads. Reduced or full house barn burners. I'd like to hear what you got. Range and practice loades as well as game day loads. Thanks guys. I have some hornady 350gr bullets and I'm gonna get some heavies. I have a ton of varget. I've heard its good. What else works in this rifle?

Most Of the guys that load for the 458 Lott use 500 grain bullets (That's where it shines).

I will see if I can find out what they like, in the meantime maybe someone will chime in and help.

J E CUSTOM

I think I am going to work with the 500gr bullets. from what research I've done it seems that powders in the varget/rl15 burn rate seem to be the go to powders in that weight class. I just ordered a cz550 badlands in 338 lapua and i got a picatinny rail to go on it. Well the rail came in today before the rifle so for a test fit I tried it on the Lott. Wouldn't you know it fit like a glove and it just so happened that it had enough clearance that I could put the 56mm nightforce on it and it just barely clears the rear irons. Well that got me thinking if the old buffalo shooters can go long with the 45-70 and 45-90 I thought It may be fun to try and do some long range steel banging with the Lott. When I get some load data and some heavier bullets I think I'll give it a try just for fun. Might even be fun to plug a deer with it.

One more thing what about the big 500gr cast bullets. Can you run cast bullets in this beast just for plinking purposes? Even if you want to ramp it up to some heavier loads?

I've been thinking of getting a CZ in 458 Lott as my next purchase. While I can't afford my dream safari at this stage of my life, I thought I could get the gun so when I can afford to head to Africa, I'll be ready. I think it could the ultimate hog killer!

How do like your CZ?

My thoughts exactly. I'm a fan of the cz rifles. I really like them, high quality rifles and one day when I get to go. I'll be ready. Haven't shot this one yet ut it looks and handles as as good as all the rest of the cz's I've shot

I worked with a .458 Lott for a friend some time ago.-
It was a CZ550 Mag, for sure very rugged gun and this one was extremly accurate with the loads we worked in soft and solids 500gr. At 100mts they shot at the same point of impact-softs and solids.
For sure you have to secure well your scope in the rings, if not they will slip with the heavy recoil.

worked with.-
H335 67.1 TO 77gr and TAC 65.1 TO 77 GR 76.5 worked excepcionally good.

to group it is well advice to get a recoil arrestor, the recoil is HEAVY.
hope it works for you
J.

i worked with a .458 lott for a friend some time ago.-
it was a cz550 mag, for sure very rugged gun and this one was extremly accurate with the loads we worked in soft and solids 500gr. At 100mts they shot at the same point of impact-softs and solids.
For sure you have to secure well your scope in the rings, if not they will slip with the heavy recoil.

Worked with.-
h335 67.1 to 77gr and tac 65.1 to 77 gr 76.5 worked excepcionally good.

To group it is well advice to get a recoil arrestor, the recoil is heavy.
Hope it works for you
j.
crimp the loads.

Back, a 458 Lott doesn't sound like a plinker. I loaded for a 460 WBY and used Varget. The owner shot the test loads since there was no brake and I had more sense then. He shot a very nice bull bison with it.

My CZ in .458 Lott came in. The walnut stock is beautiful. Overall attention is good. Trigger pull is a lot lighter than expected.

I bought 2 20 count boxes of Hornady Dangerous Game rounds with 500gr bullets. I took it to the range on Friday after work. It is dead on at 50 and 100 yards. I am very impressed with its accuracy.

After watching others shoot a different CZ in .458 Lott, I knew I was in for a lot of recoil. It's hard to explain how hard that thing kicks. I'm 6' 0" and weigh 230 lbs. I had a hard time keeping my hands on the gun for the first shot. After shooting the .458 Lott a few times, my 300 WM will feel like a .22 LR.

I'm going to try it on a hog next weekend. I'll upload photos if I get one.