450 bushmaster

I had wanted to take the 450 bushmaster for bears, but i was waiting for hammer to release the correct bullet for it and they haven't yet. So i opted for the .308 and the 152 hammer hunter at 3040fps. Totally flattened the 260 boar on the spot.

I just recently returned from a bear hunt in Maine, met another hunter there, that took a bear earlier in the week with a 450 Bushmaster using Winchester Deer Season XP ammo, he was able to recover the bullet on the far side of the bear, it expanded well. He said the bear made it 10 yards before it dropped. However he never mentioned the range, I'm guessing just by the area we hunted, it would've been anywhere from 10 to maybe 60 yards at most.

Swift 45 cal. 265 gr A-Frame or Barnes bullets.
I had to track a buddy's bear 1 mile or more in Maine. Shot in the shoulder with Win. 45-70 300 gr. HP. The bear was shot Twice in the shoulder 3 inches apart. Buddy had to shoot bear again when we found it the next day 15 hours after first shots. When I gutted the bear, The shoulder was broke only 2 blood shot spots on rib cage wall. Lungs and Heart sacks in perfect condition.
If a bullet will not break a shoulder and go into heart and lungs and maybe get the opposite shoulder too. It will not anchor a bear quickly.

If a bear is not anchored on the shot. I want a bullet that will put a big exit hole in a bear. A bears hide moves and offsets holes between body and skin, And fat will plug holes and leave very light blood trail.

Only bullet to use in the 450 Bushmaster is Cutting Edge Bullets 250 gr. Flat Base Raptor.....https://cuttingedgebullets.com/452-250gr-flat-base-raptor
I've been shooting them for over 5 years. Shot a 460 lb. dress boar last year. Shot at 50 yards behind the shoulder, didn't even take a step